Last season, our introduction of the 8mm Custom Fire revolutionized frigid-water warmth and performance with Solite's unmatched light-weight and renowned barefoot feel. The 2021 8mm Custom Fire goes next level with improved durability and our exclusive EZ-O cuff.
We cut no corners with the 8mm Custom Fire, including triple-sealed seams, our exclusive EZ-O Cuff, a Tatex-Print heel spine, and 1mm Neoprene Split-Toe Heat Booster socks IN THE BOX.
The 8mm Custom Fire is anchored by our patented Full Wrap arch strap, which locks your foot into the boot to insure zero delay between foot movement and board response. Combined with the precision fit of our custom heat-molding process, the 8mm Custom Fire provides barefoot feel and response for every possible foot shape: high or low arch, narrow or wide width, high or low volume.
Updates to the 2021 8mm Custom Fire include: - EZ-O Cuff for easier on/off while still providing a seamless, flush-resistant seal against the leg. - Double reinforced, extra-strength heel-loop for long-term durability. - Beefed up Full Wrap arch strap with all seams reinforced for long-term strength.
Recommended Water Temps: 32F+ /0C+
Sizing Tip: Order your regular shoe size or 1/2 size down. For example, if you are a size 10.5, order a 10. If you are a size 10, also order a 10. Women should order 1-1.5 sizes lower to convert from Men's sizing. So if you are a Women's 8, order a Men's 7. If you are a Women's 8.5, also order a Men's 7. NOTE: If your feet are exceptionally narrow or low volume, you may want to size down even more.
Key Features: - Heat-moldable for the perfect custom fit. - Patented seamless Round Toe 8/7mm Thermo-Form sole for next-level comfort, warmth, dexterity, and durability. - Super-tacky and flexible 1mm vulcanized rubber sole pods for barefoot board feel, grip, and abrasion resistance. - 7mm neoprene upper with triple-sealed seams: GBS (Glue/Blind-Stitch), and external LSS (Liquid Seam Seal). - Patented full-wrap ankle strap co-molded into the sole improves durability. - Tatex-coated hook strap improves durability and holding power. - Tatex-Print heel spine and reinforced heel-pull for durability and easy on. - Plush hollow-fiber quick-dry lining increases airflow for greater warmth. - Double-lined, 5mm EZ-O cuff seal provides a seamless barrier against flushing with lower bulk and easier on-off - Includes a pair of 1mm Neoprene Split-Toe Solite Heat Booster socks for added warmth, comfort, and easy on/off.
HEAT MOLDING INSTRUCTIONS
Solite Boots are the world's first and only custom, heat-moldable watersports footwear. Custom fitting can be done in your kitchen with nothing more than a kettle of boiling water. To heat-mould your Solite boots, watch the video below and follow the instructions carefully. Do not use any other methods of heat moulding except boiling water. Use of ovens, microwaves, heat guns, etc. will void your warranty.
1. Bring water to a boil (you will need approximately 3 cups of boiling water per boot.)
2. While water is heating, roll down the cuffs of your Solite boots and place them in a sink.
3. Put on your Solite Heat Booster socks. These socks will help allow for a little extra space when the boots are being moulded.
4. Once water comes to a full bubbling boil, gently pour into your Solite boots (in the sink), filling each to slightly below the seam where the neoprene upper is attached to the sole. See photo.
5. Wait 5 minutes for the boiling water to soften the sole material.
6. After 5 minutes, carefully pour out the hot water from your Solite boot (doing one boot at a time) and quickly rinse out the inside of the boot with cold water to lower the surface temperature and to prevent burning. Test with your hand as you will want to get your foot in as warm as you can comfortably stand.
7. Place your foot inside your Solite boot while wearing the Heat Booster sock. Make sure your big-toe sits comfortably in the toe cavity and your heel is flush in the heel pocket.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for the other boot.
9. Secure boot ankle straps if you have them.
10. Walk around in your Solite boots for the next 10 minutes as they custom mold to your feet.
11. Once your Solite Boots have cooled to room temperature, the molding process is complete.
12. If you are unhappy with the fit, you can re-mold your Solite boots repeating the same steps above. Your Solite boots should feel completely comfortable, almost like part of your foot.
#19012Solite 8mm Custom Fire (Blk/Red) Includes 1mm Neo Heat Boosters