SOFT BOARD REPAIR KIT – EPS SAFE !
SUP • BODYBOARDS • SOFT SURFBOARDS
TOUGH, CLEAR, ULTRA-FLEXIBLE, WATERPROOF
Styrofoam & EPS-Core constructed soft surfboards, bodyboards and SUPs have become quite popular these days but provide a real challenge to repair. SPONGE-REZ is awesome for repair on the outer skin and hull, but can melt the inner core, if EPS. Our Solarez EPOXY UV-Cure does not melt the inner core, and can act as a super-quick primer so you can apply SPONGE-REZ on top. Internal repairs such as delaminations or deep dings can then be repaired.
EXTERIOR REPAIR DIRECTIONS:
1) Surface should be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease or wax.
2) Apply SPONGE-REZ directly to the outer skin or hull materials and allow to dry completely overnight.
FILLING A DEEP DING THAT INVADES TO THE EPS CORE:
1) If white EPS foam is exposed in any situation, first coat the EPS with Solarez EPOXY (in the blue tube). Allow 2 to 3 minutes for it to cure in good sunlight or with artificial UV light. Now you can apply SPONGE- -REZ to this surface and it will make a smooth, self-leveling overcoat.
DELAMINATION: 1) Apply Solarez EPOXY (in the blue tube) to the white EPS foam, spread it smooth and allow 2 to 3 minutes exposure to sunlight.
2) Apply a smooth coating of SPONGE-REZ to the cured Solarez EPOXY and apply a smooth coat to the delaminated hull or deck material.
3) Allow both sides to dry about 5-10 minutes, then press them together. It is best if you seal the repair shut with masking tape and allow it to sit overnight.