PICK-UP for online orders only, MON to FRI - 11 to 4 (click for detail)
The Ultimate Cold-Water Boot Goes Next Level
Recommended Water Temps: 32F+ / 0C+
WHAT'S MY BOOTIE SIZE?
(Please DON'T go by your shoe size as that is not always accurate for bootie sizing)3D Molded Natural Rubber Sole
Like all of our new 2.0 Series boots, the 8mm Custom Fire 2.0 features a 3D-molded 1mm natural rubber sole, wrapping up the toes and heel for increased durability and protection against rocks, urchins, and reef. The one-piece sole design leaves no exposed gaps between sole pods, insuring extra protection and durability.
Custom-Fit 2.0 Thermofoam Sole with Round Toe Design
Our patented heat-moldable 2.0 Thermofoam sole has also been completely redesigned including a Round Toe design for max warmth. The Thermo Foam Sole is 8mm thick in the toes/heels for extra protection and 7mm elsewhere.
3-Point Strap with Floating D-Ring
Another Solite innovation, our 3-Point Strap anchors under both the arch and heel on the inside of the foot, and under the heel on the outside of the foot. When the strap is tightened, the boot snugs up evenly under the arch and through the rear of the boot, providing instant response and slop-free fit for all arch and ankle profiles. Our Floating D-Ring on the strap isn't stitched in place, allowing it to "float" naturally to the optimal position on your foot. Our 3-Point Strap is also 100% Tatex-coated for extra durability and zero water absorption.
Thermal Rebound Lining from Top to Bottom
The 8mm Custom Fire 2.0 gets even warmer with the addition of our Thermal Rebound internal lining and a matching Round-Toe 1mm Neoprene Heat Booster Sock, also with Thermal Rebound lining.
These socks are a critical component of our Solite "system", particularly in the frigid waters where the 8mm Custom Fire 2.0s are used. Benefits of the 1mm Neoprene socks are numerous:
- Add 5-10F warmth to the boots for longer sessions in frigid conditions.
- Increase comfort with a soft, plush barrier between the foot and the Thermofoam sole.
- Make the boots easy on/off with a low-friction outer surface.
- Keep boots smelling fresh since the socks can be easily washed/dried separately.
Further fortifying the exterior is our exclusive Tatex Flex-Spine. The Flex Spine stiffens the back of the boot, acting as a shoe-horn for easy entry and also providing a sticky surface to grab your wetsuit leg and prevent flushing. The inside is lined with a plush quick-dry lining material for max airflow, improving warmth and comfort.
EZ-O Cuff with Overkill Seams
Our EZ-O Cuff design provides a seamless barrier against flushing with a larger panel than other o-ring seals, providing much easier on-off and reducing stress on the seams. To reduce bulk under the wetsuit leg and allow for easier on-off, the EZ-O panel is reduced to 5mm thickness. Since booties take serious abuse, we cut no corners on our neoprene seam construction. Our Overkill neoprene seams are triple-glued, blind-stitched, then sealed on the exterior with liquid seam seal for maximum durability and longevity.
To ease on/off, we've integrated our low-profile Stealth-Loop in the heel. The Stealth Loop is laminated between the neoprene and our co-molded rubber/textile heel reinforcement patch, providing incredible durability and pull-strength. The Stealth Loop is also Tatex-coated for extra strength and zero-water absorption.
Sizing Tip: Order your regular shoe size or 1/2 size down. For example, if you are a size 10.5, order a 10. If you are a size 10, also order a 10. Women should order 1-1.5 sizes lower to convert from Men's sizing. So if you are a Women's 8, order a Men's 7. If you are a Women's 8.5, also order a Men's 7. NOTE: If your feet are exceptionally narrow or low volume, you may want to size down even more.
Solite Boots are the world's first and only custom, heat-moldable watersports footwear. Custom fitting can be done in your kitchen with nothing more than a kettle of boiling water. To heat-mould your Solite boots, watch the video below and follow the instructions carefully. Do not use any other methods of heat moulding except boiling water. Use of ovens, microwaves, heat guns, etc. will void your warranty.
1. Bring water to a boil (you will need approximately 3 cups of boiling water per boot.)
2. While water is heating, roll down the cuffs of your Solite boots and place them in a sink.
3. Put on your Solite Heat Booster socks. These socks will help allow for a little extra space when the boots are being moulded.
4. Once water comes to a full bubbling boil, gently pour into your Solite boots (in the sink), filling each to slightly below the seam where the neoprene upper is attached to the sole. See photo.
5. Wait 5 minutes for the boiling water to soften the sole material.
6. After 5 minutes, carefully pour out the hot water from your Solite boot (doing one boot at a time) and quickly rinse out the inside of the boot with cold water to lower the surface temperature and to prevent burning. Test with your hand as you will want to get your foot in as warm as you can comfortably stand.
7. Place your foot inside your Solite boot while wearing the Heat Booster sock. Make sure your big-toe sits comfortably in the toe cavity and your heel is flush in the heel pocket.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for the other boot.
9. Secure boot ankle straps if you have them.
10. Walk around in your Solite boots for the next 10 minutes as they custom mold to your feet.
11. Once your Solite Boots have cooled to room temperature, the molding process is complete.
12. If you are unhappy with the fit, you can re-mold your Solite boots repeating the same steps above. Your Solite boots should feel completely comfortable, almost like part of your foot.
#19012 Solite 8mm Custom Fire (Blk/Red) Includes 1mm Neo Heat Boosters