We've changed the bootie-game again with our Solite 2.0 technology. The 5mm Custom integrates our 2.0 Sole in the cleanest, simplest package that essentially disappears on your feet. If you want the world's lightest, barely-there boot, the 5mm Custom 2.0 is your answer. Check the tech:
(Please DON'T go by your shoe size as that is not always accurate for bootie sizing)
Recommended Water Temps: 45F+
Sizing Tip: Order your regular shoe size or 1/2 size down. For example, if you are a size 10.5, order a 10. If you are a size 10, also order a size 10. NOTE: If your feet are exceptionally narrow or low volume, you may want to size down even more.
Better than Barefoot
3D Molded Natural Rubber Sole Like all of our new 2.0 Series boots, the 5mm Custom 2.0 features a 3D-molded 1mm natural rubber sole, wrapping up the toes and heel for increased durability and protection against rocks, urchins, and reef. The one-piece sole design leaves no exposed gapCustom-Fit 2.0 Thermofoam Sole with Internal Micro-Split Our patented heat-moldable 2.0 Thermofoam sole has also been completely redesigned including a more comfortable Micro-Split internal split toe. The Micro-Split is only 1cm long, providing round-toe warmth with split-toe response. The Thermo Foam Sole is 6mm thick in the toes/heels for extra protection and 5mm elsewhere.
Upgraded Neoprene Lining with Tatex Flex-Spine Updates to the Custom 2.0 aren't limited to the sole. We've also upgraded the outer lining material to the same one we use on the Custom Pros, improving durability and minimizing water absorption. Further fortifying the exterior is our exclusive Tatex Flex Spine. The Flex Spine stiffens the back of the boot, acting as a shoe-horn for easy entry and also providing a sticky surface to grab your wetsuit leg and prevent flushing. The inside is lined with a plush quick-dry lining material for max airflow, improving warmth and comfort.
EZ-O Cuff with Overkill Seams Our EZ-O Cuff design provides a seamless barrier against flushing with a larger panel than other o-ring seals, providing much easier on-off and reducing stress on the seams. To reduce bulk under the wetsuit leg and allow for easier on-off, the EZ-O panel is reduced to 3mm thickness. Since booties take serious abuse, we cut no corners on our neoprene seam construction. Our Overkill neoprene seams are triple-glued, blind-stitched, then sealed on the exterior with liquid seam seal for maximum durability and longevity.
Reinforced Stealth-Loop To ease on/off, we've integrated our low-profile Stealth-Loop in the heel. The Stealth Loop is laminated between the neoprene and our co-molded rubber/textile heel reinforcement patch, providing incredible durability and pull-strength. The Stealth Loop is also Tatex-coated for extra strength and zero-water absorption. s between sole pods, insuring extra protection and durability.
Split-Toe Heat-Booster Socks in the Box The unsung hero of our Solite "System", our Knit Split-Toe Heat-Booster Socks are included in the box. Knit from a Nylon/Poly/Spandex blend, the Heat-Boosters stay warm and comfortable when wet.
Benefits of the Heat Boosters are numerous: - Makes boots easier on-off and reduces stress on seams. - Increases comfort by providing a soft barrier between the feet and the Thermofoam sole. - Adds warmth to extend session length and comfort. - Absorbs excess water from flushing to prevent puddling in the boots. - Absorbs bacteria to reduce bootie-stink. - Machine wash and dry for convenience.
HEAT MOLDING INSTRUCTIONS
Solite Boots are the world's first and only custom, heat-moldable watersports footwear. Custom fitting can be done in your kitchen with nothing more than a kettle of boiling water. To heat-mould your Solite boots, watch the video below and follow the instructions carefully. Do not use any other methods of heat moulding except boiling water. Use of ovens, microwaves, heat guns, etc. will void your warranty.
1. Bring water to a boil (you will need approximately 3 cups of boiling water per boot.)
2. While water is heating, roll down the cuffs of your Solite boots and place them in a sink.
3. Put on your Solite Heat Booster socks. These socks will help allow for a little extra space when the boots are being moulded.
4. Once water comes to a full bubbling boil, gently pour into your Solite boots (in the sink), filling each to slightly below the seam where the neoprene upper is attached to the sole. See photo.
5. Wait 5 minutes for the boiling water to soften the sole material.
6. After 5 minutes, carefully pour out the hot water from your Solite boot (doing one boot at a time) and quickly rinse out the inside of the boot with cold water to lower the surface temperature and to prevent burning. Test with your hand as you will want to get your foot in as warm as you can comfortably stand.
7. Place your foot inside your Solite boot while wearing the Heat Booster sock. Make sure your big-toe sits comfortably in the toe cavity and your heel is flush in the heel pocket.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for the other boot.
9. Secure boot ankle straps if you have them.
10. Walk around in your Solite boots for the next 10 minutes as they custom mold to your feet.
11. Once your Solite Boots have cooled to room temperature, the molding process is complete.
12. If you are unhappy with the fit, you can re-mold your Solite boots repeating the same steps above. Your Solite boots should feel completely comfortable, almost like part of your foot.
#19001-GSOLITE3mm Custom Green Pro /Black 2020 (inc. heat sock boosters)